Call Us:- (905) 451-1550
July 24, 2020

Temporary Resident Permit


Do you want to enter Canada as a student, worker, or visitor, but can’t because you are inadmissible? For example, you have a criminal record or a medical condition that renders you inadmissible. To be able to enter or stay in Canada despite your inadmissibility, you will need a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP).

residence permit


When applying for a TRP, you must prove that your reason for wanting to enter or remain in Canada is justified in the circumstances and that you are not a risk to Canadians.

Note: Once issued, a TRP may be cancelled by an immigration officer at any time. A TRP is no longer valid once you leave Canada, unless you have specifically been authorized to leave and re-enter.


TRP applications are challenging because immigration officers deciding whether to approve or refuse them have a great deal of discretion.  That is, they have a lot of freedom to decide whether or not granting you a TRP is justified in the circumstances.

Eastman Law Office has had much success in having TRP applications approved for our clients.

Contact Eastman Law Office to help you apply for a TRP

Call Eastman Law Office at (905) 451-1550 or e-mail us at to have our law office prepare and submit your Temporary Resident Permit application.

Schedule a Free Consultation

(905) 451-1550

Our Memberships